How to install a Blogger template?
1. Click in Download button and save file in on your hard drive.
2. File that you have downloaded is .ZIP file so need to be extracted. Extract / Unzip it.
3. Log in Blogger dashboard or Blogger in Draft
4. Click Layout link in dashboard panel.
5. Now click in Edit HTML link in tab bar.
6. Click Browse button and look for folder that is created after extracted file that you have downloaded.
7. Folder has a XML file and TXT file or Internet shortcut, you select only XML file for installation.
8. Click Upload button.
9. Confirm and Save.
10. Goto: Search Engine Optimization Page for doing SEO on your blog if you need it.
Why I can not install templates blogger? Blogger shows an error?
There are several possible factors that cause an error Bx-xxxx:
- The code is directly copied, and Blogger did not interpret it.
- Temporarily not accepting Blogger templates with certain codes or gadgets.
- Possible solutions:
- Remove widgets or gadgets that come with the template downloaded.
- Clear your browser’s cookies.
- Trying to upload the template with a different browser (Opera, Firefox, Chrome, etc).
- Do not copy and paste the code directly, upload the xml file.
- Wait 24 hours and try again.
How do I log in to my blog without the navbar?
How can I edit the menu of my template?
1. Most templates have a menu that can only be changed from the HTML (Dashboard → Layout → Edit HTML). In many cases the code will be labeled with these links. Press CTRL+F to find such words below:
There you can change the expr:href=’…’ with your own links: href=’mylink’. Also see the template code if you don`t find it here.
2. Some templates include a link list gadget to edit the menu directly from the Dashboard (Dashboard → Layout → Page Elements).
How do I Customize and Search Engine Optimize my template?
For Customization and Search Engine Optimization, goto Customization and SEO page.
For color and the font size, some Blogger templates offer an option to change it from the Dashboard (Dashboard → Layout → Fonts and Colors). Here you can see the result directly in the template.
For major changes in the templates, you needed to know at least a little CSS and HTML. A quick way to modify a template is change the images in the CSS code, for others with the same dimensions. That is the process to change the header of a design, for example.
Additionally, some templates have their own settings instructions and customization, refer to the same download page of your template or the downloaded file or simply you ask by putting a comment in the template page to get my support.
Why the date is listed as “undefined” or this is not shown?
Probably because you do not choose the date format specified. The format should be changed from the panel (Dashboard → Settings → Formatting → Date Header Format) and usually the correct type is: Saturday, 5 May, 2009 (in most cases).
Why some images in my template disappeared?
Although a large number of images are hosted in Blogger, images may suddenly disappear because:
- The images were removed from the original hosting.
- Use own custom domain (e.g www.customdomain.com).
How to add the comment form to my template?
Blogger recently added the Comments Form within the same template, below the individual posts, if your template does not have the form there, you may need to activate it.
To activate it:
- Enter the options panel comments (Dashboard → Settings → Comments).
- And in the “Comment Form Placement” section, select: Embedded below post.
How do I add my feed of Feedburner to my blog?
On the menu: Many templates show the feed in the top menu, to change the default feed for feedburner, go to ( Dashboard → Settings → Layout → Edit HTML ) and find the default feed link using CTRL+F.
Now, in the settings panel of the feed ( Dashboard → Settings → Site Feed) also add your Feedburner URL.
How do I translate my template to another language?
Enter in the template code. (Dashboard → Layout → Edit HTML), with a really simple process:
- Using the browser search, find the text you want translate.
- Replace that text with your translation.
The text within an image need to be changed in an image editor, like Photoshop, Inkscape or CorelDraw, and then replacing that image with the image translated.
What is RSS, XML and CSS?
RSS stands for really simple syndication. RSS is used for providing the your site/blog viewers the content whenever it is published in a simplified manner using Email and Feed readers.
XML stands for Extented Markup Language. Blogger templates are based on XML.
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. That is used for providing design to your site/blog.
What should I do after I install my template?
After installing a template, there are several things you can check, update or modify, I recommend you to read Customization and SEO page for obtaining a better performance of your blog.
How to display the navbar again in my template?
Enter in the code of your template (Dashboard → Layout → Edit HTML) and search for:
Delete it and that’s it.
How to display the latest posts or comments on the sidebar?
- Enter the administrator page elements (Dashboard → Layout).
- Add a new feed widget, with the following URL’s:
To show the recent posts:
To display the latest comments:
Can I remove the credit for the template?
No, the vast majority of templates are licensed under a Creative Commons, GPL or similar license, thus removing the credits would be using an illegal copy of the same. You can simplify the credits or relocate, but not remove them. Remember that the templates are free, so keeping the credits is a way to thank those who designed and / adapted or optimized the template.